This defining factor of our vision for planting a new church in Sacramento is God’s Grace - God moving heaven and earth to save sinners like us who couldn’t do anything to save ourselves. His Son was forsaken so that we might be reconciled to God! Grace empowers us to love people who don’t deserve it, to serve those who cannot repay us and to forgive. Grace restores, heals broken lives, broken families and transforms cities. And for us that starts here in Sacramento.
GOD'S LOVE IN ACTION
- Grace means God moving heaven and earth to save sinners who could not lift a finger to save themselves.
- Grace means God sending his only Son to the cross to descend into hell so that we guilty ones might be reconciled to God and received into heaven.
GOD’S LOVE IN ACTION IN US
- Grace received and applied empowers us to love people who deserve the opposite of our love.
- Grace received and applied empowers us to serve those who cannot repay us.
- Grace received and applied touches our very soul, healing broken lives, restoring relationships and transforming cities. (Ephesians 1:7, 2:5, Titus 2:11, 3:7, John 3:16, Romans 3:24, 5:8)
More people live in urban centers than any other moment in human history. This means that God’s mission of grace to redeem humanity and creation is a mission In the City more than ever before. Our mission is in Sacramento. Our hope is in the City of Zion where God will dwell with humanity, we will be His people and God Himself will be with us as our God.
(Jeremiah 29:4-11, Luke 10: 25-37)
Presbuteros (πρεσβυτης) is the Greek New Testament word for Elder. Most simply put- a Presbyterian church is an elder-led church.
(Titus 1:5-9, 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Acts 20:17, 28, 1 Peter 5:1-3)