Coronavirus Response: Pastoral Letter (5/5/2020)
Dear Grace Friends,
We hope this finds you safe and healthy and in contact with those you love. As we continue to shelter in place and our gatherings are only virtual, we want to share a few things that we have been praying for Grace Sacramento.
We pray that you would be safe
We eagerly await the day we can gather, worship and embrace—in whatever unexpected form that takes! Until then, we pray that you would be careful, safe and thoughtful of the safety and concern of those around you.
We give thanks for you when we pray
A huge thanks to the Grace Sacramento staff and volunteers who have been working hard and selflessly to continue vibrant ministry. In a matter of a few days, we shifted our entire ministry online – an amazing feat, especially during Passion Week and Easter.
- GraceKids has prepared a resource page for families with podcasts, playlists and other great family devotion tools.
- Our Youth ministry has been playing quarantine bingo and sharing prayer requests with our youth team by old school snail mail!
- Our worship service is online every Sunday at 10:30am and can be re-watched there.
- Join us online for prayer on Tuesdays at noon here.
- If you have a special prayer request, offer it here.
- Learn more about joining a Grace Group if you haven’t already.
- Start online giving if you are not already.
- If you need material help you can connect with our MAC team.
- Thank God also for the many people sending in weekly and monthly checks to the church office, many with lovely and encouraging notes!
There is more going on than we (as pastors) even know: volunteers, grace group leaders and elders checking in with Grace friends, getting groceries and medicine, and offering technology help. THANK YOU to all who are serving in such tangible ways! We thank God for you.
We pray that you would be praying!
The global pandemic feels like an unending, dizzying storm. We want to invite you to join us in doing what God has called His people to do from times of old: pray. Let’s intercede for the healing of the world’s sick, for the empowerment of our medical professionals and decision makers and for the hope of Christ to become known by many in dire times. I’d like to invite you to join the Grace Pastors and staff for Noon Prayer every Tuesday. Our denomination has also posted a prayer 30-day prayer guide as we pray for the church, nation and the world (This is a helpful resource you can use to pray everyday. You can find this at pcaga.org/prayer/).
We pray also that you would share the hope of Christ
We, who have been enfolded into a Christian community, who belong to each other and to our Savior, who live with hope, have so many gifts. So many of our neighbors don’t. As you walk through your neighborhood, offer a (silent) prayer or encouraging word. As you operate online, share the link to our service or other gospel resources you love. Call someone you’ve been meaning to connect with and bless them today. May God use this awful virus to draw people to Himself.
If there’s anything you need, any way that Grace can serve or help you, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our office (email@example.com) or let us know through our website: www.wearegracesac.org)
There is a team ready to help!
May you find in Him a refuge amidst the storm!
Brad and Daniel
Previous Coronavirus Response Posts
More in Blog
June 19, 2020Praying, Listening and Getting Informed (6/19/2020)
May 6, 2020Coronavirus Response: Pastoral Letter (5/5/2020)
May 6, 2020Coronavirus Response [3/31/2020]